Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Need a laugh?

As Matt attempts to summit Mt. Blackburn (16, 390 ft of snow, ice, and wind), I've been busy with eating, keeping warm, working, and eating. I'm always hungry for something, and lately it's been Honey Nut Cheerios. Subway seems to always be in the back of mind tho... a constant craving that I've narrowed down to be the combo of peppercinis, mustard, and that yummy Italian Herbs and Cheese bread. My heartburn says thank God Subway is in no way near McCarthy.

This past weekend I headed to the coast with some friends to watch the Valdez airshow. It was great to get out of McCarthy for a bit and enjoy some new scenery. On Saturday night, we went to dinner at Mike's Palace, which serves anything from pasta and seafood to steaks and Mexican. It was quite the menu; however, the bathrooms were the highlight of my dining experience.

Upon looking at the toilet, I realized that it was not just an ordinary toilet ~ It had some type of Asian writing along the sides as well as buttons that looked incredibly tempting to push. As I sat down, I noticed that the buttons had little pictures to help decipher the function. Being a woman of action, I quickly skimmed the buttons and picked the one that seemed most intriguing: the button that had a girl's face on it. I pushed the button. The toilet made a noise. In an instant, I was being hosed down, or rather, hosed up, and the sensation surprised me enough that I shot up off the toilet. At this point, water was still squirting up at me, so I pressed myself against the bathroom stall in an effort to escape the shower. My pants were down; the toilet seat cover was stuck to my thigh; water sprayed the entire stall; and I was soaked. Good thing I had on my raincoat. I almost died laughing.
Needless to say, I came out of that bathroom with a huge grin on my face.  People must have thought I fell in. Of course, I made sure to have my girlfriend try it, but I made it clear that she had to stay on the toilet, no matter what.


The second, and most amazing highlight of our trip was when we found.... SUBWAY! Yes, Valdez does have Subway and you can bet that I ate there, not once, but twice. Every bite was worth the heartburn for sure. J




No comments:

Post a Comment